Smoked Fontina Stuffed Chipotle Burgers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 5 oz Carr Valley Smoked Fontina Cheese shredded
- 4 hamburger buns
- tomato slices and lettuce leaves
- Sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, honey, chipotle and vinegar. Bring to boil
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
- Crumble beef over Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form eight thin patties.
- Place shredded cheese in the center of four patties.
- Top with remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°F.
- Serve burgers on buns; top with reserved barbecue sauce, tomato and lettuce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!