Gouda and Monterey Jack Bacon Melt
- 8 applewood smoked bacon strips
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 oz Carr Valley Monterey Jack cheese shredded (2 cups)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz Carr Valley Smoked Gouda cheese shredded (1 cup)
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Wipe out the pan.
- Spread bread slices with honey mustard; layer four slices with Monterey jack, apple slices, bacon and gouda.
- Top with remaining bread slices mustard side down.
- Spread the outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast one sandwich, covered, in the same skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the side is golden brown.
- Flip sandwich; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes longer or until bread is lightly golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- Repeat step with remaining sandwiches.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!