Cheese, Apple, and Walnut Scones
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 plus 2 1/2 tbsp cold butter cubed
- 2 oz Carr Valley Sid's Bahl Baby Swiss cheese shredded (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz Carr Valley Havarti cheese diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 cup cored, peeled, and chopped tart apple about 1 large apple
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 18 thin apple slices unpeeled
- Heat oven to 375˚F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until combined.
- Add cold butter; cover and pulse just until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Combine the swiss, havarti, walnuts and apple in a large bowl; stir in flour mixture.
- Add 1 cup cream; gently toss with a fork just until a dough forms.
- Divide dough into six portions.
- Shape each portion into a 3 1/2-inch circle; transfer to prepared pan.
- Combine egg and remaining cream in a small bowl; brush over dough.
- Press 3 apple slices into each.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!