Carr Valley Cheesy Potatoes
- 7 medium russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter cubed
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 oz Carr Valley 2 Year Aged Cheddar cheese shredded and divided (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 oz Carr Valley Fontina cheese shredded and divided (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse potatoes with cold water; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour until light brown.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup each cheddar and fontina until smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in chives and Dijon mustard.
- Layer potatoes in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and fontina.
- Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover; broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until top begins to brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!