Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 4 Tbsps Carr Valley Menage Butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsps your favorite bourbon
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla and bourbon, in a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook until thickened, 8-10 minutes. Do not stir, this creates a gritty texture.
- Add vanilla and bourbon and let come to boil again, no stirring. Once it has thickened again remove from heat, at this time you can stir it. Let cool slightly.
- This recipe can be done ahead of time, just store in an airtight container in the fridge, and warm for 30 seconds in microwave before using.
- The Carr Valley Menage Butter gives it a depth of flavor and a silky texture, try it hot over ice cream or any apple-based dessert for a delicious treat!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!